Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Events > Other Events

Old 02-27-2008, 03:24 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default SUPERCAR CLASS at Masterpiece Concours announced!

As many of you know, for the last few years I have been a part of the Masterpiece Style & Speed Showcase held every August in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. While the Masterpiece is a relatively new event, it has quickly gained recognition as one of the premier true concours events in the nation.

During my time with the Masterpiece, I have helped "evolve" the Muscle Car class and tried to continuously raise the bar for this display. I, like all of us here, truly believe that muscle cars are the last great American collectible cars. The Duesenbergs of our time, if you will. High-end events recognizing this fact and displaying our cars in an actual concours event where the style and presence of each individual car is valued just as much as how many threads are on your tire valve stem caps is hugely important to the future of our hobby.

It is events like the Masterpiece, Meadow Brook, and Amelia Island that accept the "best of the best" muscle and raise awareness that will eventually allow us to burn rubber on the lawn at Pebble Beach!

As such, I have pushed for a true, honest-to-goodness SUPERCAR class at the Masterpiece for quite some time. 2008 is our year! I now have my Supercar "ring" and am the class Chair.

So here is the deal: This is an invitation-only event, prospective entrants must fill out a nomination form to be considered (more on this later). The event is August 23rd&24th 2008, with the actual concours taking place on Sunday the 24th. The Supercar class will consist of eight hand-picked cars. I want to knock these guys on their you-know-what's, and am looking for the best examples of documented Supercars. My ideal class would have a variety of cars from different dealers like Yenko, Nickey, Baldwin-Motion, Mr. Norm's, etc. These have to be dealer converted or COPO-type cars, for example, a Yenko sold car wouldn't be considered but a Yenko converted car would.

All applications need to be submitted no later than May 1st to be considered, so do not delay. With just 8 spots this class will fill up quickly!

Media coverage will be great and this will be an impressive show! You can check out the show website at www.milwaukeemasterpiece.com The show weekend will have many other activities such as a driving tour, Saturday evening Social event, and more. The show is literally downtown Milwaukee on the lawn right up against Lake Michigan, next to the world famous Calatrava designed Milwaukee Art Museum and just north of the Summerfest grounds. Not that I have to remind you, but two of our other favorite pastimes come from Milwaukee- beer and motorcycles! Both Miller Brewery and Harley-Davidson plant tours are just a few miles away from the show grounds.

For those of you that have a great muscle car instead of a Supercar, or even one of both, let me know - we have a Muscle class to fill as well!

Please email me with details of your car(s) if you would like to be considered, and I will get a nomination form to you immediately. Please, no PM's as I may not get them - email me directly at [email protected]

With your help we can make one hell of a display!

Best regards,
Colin Comer
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 02-27-2008, 03:54 AM

Default Re: SUPERCAR CLASS at Masterpiece Concours announced!

They picked the right person to pull this off!

Keep us posted on the progress.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:56 AM

Thanked 3,871 Times in 1,030 Posts

I have a Isetta...
Old 02-27-2008, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a Isetta...

[/ QUOTE ].....so did erkel !!!!
Old 02-28-2008, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have a Isetta...

[/ QUOTE ].....so did erkel !!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

+++ Lillard +++ you'd be in a /// CLASS /// of your own, as well as your <<< CAR >>>... ....Kasey
Old 02-28-2008, 03:14 AM

Thia is a great event, and, one that is gaining notoriety each year.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:58 AM

Not including Charley, I have been getting great response to this show. So much, in fact, that it looks like there will be a Supercar class and TWO muscle car classes! One for GM and another for Ford/Mopar. AMC Muscle is a feature class of its own so this will not be your ordinary concours.

It is easy to get an application, email me at [email protected] and I can send you a PDF nomination form to print, fill out, and mail in.

If we get enough SYC members coming to the show I will host a private "pre-party" at my showroom which is about 4 miles away.

Thanks for all the emails, keep those great cars coming!

Colin
Old 03-18-2008, 07:18 PM

View the Masterpiece video :

http://www.milwaukeemasterpiece.org/

We have 4 accepted entries for the Supercar class, so far Yenko, Nickey, Royal Pontiac, and Motion are represented. Really hoping to have a Mr. Norm's car, a ZL-1, and a few "wild cards"... what do you have that people need to see? Looking for a '67 and/or '69 Yenko Camaro, a Deuce, a Y/Chevelle, a Tasca Ford drag car or????

Also still have room available in the Musclecar class for great cars! We have a lot of repeat applicants, looking for fresh exhibitors and new cars!

Email me at [email protected] for a nomination form in pdf format - it's easy. Applications MUST be received by April 30th as final choices will be made by the M on May 5th.

If we can drum up more than 8 great Supercars or more than 8 great Musclecars I will use my "muscle" to expand the displays...so get me some ammo and get those applications in!

Colin
Old 04-16-2008, 01:58 AM

A bump and a reminder...still have time to get entries in before the May 5th selection meeting! As of today the following SYC member-owned cars are confirmed for the Supercar class:

67 Nickey Camaro; 68 Royal Bobcat GTO; 70 Motion Phase III Camaro; 68 Yenko Camaro; 69 Yenko Camaro; and hopefully a Tasca Ford drag car...plenty of room for more cars. We have about 6 more cars that have been nominated and have yet to go through the selection process.

There are 4 spots left in the Musclecar class as well so don't think your car doesn't have a shot. Get in touch with me via email for a nomination form ASAP.

Visit the Masterpiece website for an up to date list of ALL cars confirmed for the event and their press release for the Supercar class by following this link:

http://milwaukeemasterpiece.com/concours_delegance.htm

Once the final selections are made and we know who is coming to Milwaukee I will get to work on planning a party at my showroom for the Musclecar and Supercar entrants!

Any questions, don't hesitate to email me - my address is listed in prior posts.

Best regards,
Colin