Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Technical & Restoration

Old 05-04-2013, 12:17 PM

Default Re: 1968 GTO

FWIW, from my experience, the seat(s) have to come out. Also, the BS might be hard to see because it will be black from the sound deadener.
Old 05-04-2013, 02:03 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

You could make a copy, but I would think it would look like that copy of a copy of a copy of a copy kind of thing since the microfish copy is blurry, at least mine was. The printed copy of the microfish I recieved wasn't on typical copy paper either, but kind of like the old style fax paper roll's. Heck, it wouldn't hurt to try to make a copy. He didn't get the actual microfish did he?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 67 Nova Boy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Microfish...he said something about that he has that. Can that be copied to paper? It was a very big deal for him to take the seat backs off as he is so scared that it won't be the same going back together. There is a car show tomorrow and I'll take pictures of his car and his PHS as I asked him to bring them for me to look at.

Dave
67 Nova Boy </div></div>

Old 05-04-2013, 03:23 PM

I don't know if he did...I will see him in about an hour and was to bring all he had so I could see it. Will take pictures of all he will let me. Was his dads car from new and was killed 4 years later so it had 7,000 when he passed. Mom took over the car and put in her name. Mom passed right after his only brother did so he lost his whole family in 6 years so the car went to him. It sat for years as he could not drive a stick. Sad...but he turned out ok.

Would they have M-22 in them? It whines when in first gear and is very low geared it seems. 3.55 in rear

Oh...when he took the backs off, they look like they just left the factory. Dusty but very white cloth and jute was very nice.

Dave
67 Nova Boy
Old 05-04-2013, 03:54 PM

There are a few good Pontiac websites that I used to belong to...Performance Years is one. Tell your friend to Google, he's sure to find what ever info he needs about these cars. One thing about Pontiac, they kept good records.

By the way, nice Nova. I had a 66 327/365, 4 speed with 12 bolt rear, but it was not an SS. Story is a cop in Wilmington, Delaware ordered 2 of them that way, just plane jane, one for racing and one for street. Not sure whch one I ended up with. When I bought mine it had the original engine and rear, with 4.56's installed but the 4 speed was gone, had a Turbo 350 with manual valve body. My wife hated driving that car, when she had to drive it that is. I have a pic of it somewhere just have to dig it out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 67 Nova Boy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know if he did...I will see him in about an hour and was to bring all he had so I could see it. Will take pictures of all he will let me. Was his dads car from new and was killed 4 years later so it had 7,000 when he passed. Mom took over the car and put in her name. Mom passed right after his only brother did so he lost his whole family in 6 years so the car went to him. It sat for years as he could not drive a stick. Sad...but he turned out ok.

Would they have M-22 in them? It whines when in first gear and is very low geared it seems. 3.55 in rear

Oh...when he took the backs off, they look like they just left the factory. Dusty but very white cloth and jute was very nice.

Dave
67 Nova Boy </div></div>

Old 05-04-2013, 04:55 PM

If you ordered the PHS you don't need a build sheet...it's all there and is easy to understand. And or course you can run it thru a copier. This is what one will look like...
Old 05-04-2013, 06:02 PM

Jim - In '68 the billing docs were different than the '69 and up invoices you have there.
For example, Box 50 might have a 3. Options for box 50:

1 = Power brakes
2 = Power steering
4 = Tilt wheel

In this case, the 3 would indicate power steering and power brakes were on that particular car.

Good link here to '68 PHS docs.
http://collectorcarpricetracker.com/.../290634088535/

As for the trans option, M20 would be the standard 4 sp transmission. If the Performance Axle was selected, 3.90 or 4.33 the M21 was mandatory. 3.55 gear is standard without A/C for both auto and stick cars.

I hope this helps...

Old 05-04-2013, 06:13 PM

Dave - I can help with the codes...also, the Engine Unit Number should be on the invoice which really helps in identifying the engine.

It would be a home run if it was a Ram Air II car....
Old 05-04-2013, 07:37 PM

Here is the PHS for my 68 Firebird. The PHS should have come with a few accompaning sheets that have the options circled.

Jason

Old 05-04-2013, 07:53 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 68 Vert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jim - In '68 the billing docs were different than the '69 and up invoices you have there.
For example, Box 50 might have a 3. Options for box 50:

1 = Power brakes
2 = Power steering
4 = Tilt wheel

In this case, the 3 would indicate power steering and power brakes were on that particular car.

Good link here to '68 PHS docs.
http://collectorcarpricetracker.com/.../290634088535/

As for the trans option, M20 would be the standard 4 sp transmission. If the Performance Axle was selected, 3.90 or 4.33 the M21 was mandatory. 3.55 gear is standard without A/C for both auto and stick cars.

I hope this helps...

</div></div>

You are , of course, CORRECT! Of the 10 PHS I have in my file cabinet, none are for a '68...I figured they were the same as my '69.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:45 PM

Thanks all for the great info....he does not own a computor or have any idea what to do with it! LOL I was just over his house and took these pictures of the car. He has misplaced the PHS for now, he said he will keep looking for it. I hope his looks like those that are posted. He said that his options were high lighted so they should be the same.

His dad was very funny on what he wanted on the car. He did not like the air cleaner foam seal on the Ram air motors { [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif[/img]} so he ordered the 400 HO because it had a chrome air cleaner lid! I took a pick of the trunk spatter paint. Floor mats are from dealer in 68 and rears are front mats cut to fit. Warranty booklet does not have a plate...did they have them for Pontiac's?

Here are a few pictures of the car. The paint is really nice but hard to see in the pictures. Code P-P like a silver/green tint.

PLEASE KEEP ALL PHOTO'S OFF THE NET AS HE WANTS NO PICTURES FLOATING AROUND. KEEP THEM TO THE SITE GENTLEMEN PLEASE.

Dave
67 Nova

Look at tire size...it's a red line as well.

Was under the passeger seat back..any idea what this means?

Warranty booklet but has no pop plate but has the slips inside to run them. None are missing.