Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > Yenko Chevrolet

Old 05-09-2024, 11:35 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Not trying to beat a dead horse, but….

Am I not getting the latest updates on my feed of the Supercar lists?

I see nothing that notes any history of the nutmeg car being any different than any others on the list ??

Thanks Steve, Bruce and all of the knowledgeable folks here for the number one Super Car site in the world ! If the most expert person on almost any car subject is not a member here, one of the members here knows that expert !! I keep learning everyday here! I learned a whole lot here in these discussions about the Yenko Novas !! Now to find me one !!
Attached Images

Old 05-09-2024, 11:50 AM

Thanked 1,159 Times in 337 Posts

The full computer spreadsheet of the registry is updated, but the on-line, public portion of the spreadsheet on this site is only posted twice a year. It is time for the Spring update though - so we'll get cracking on that :-)
The Following User Says Thank You to bergy For This Useful Post:
iluv69s (05-09-2024)
Old 05-09-2024, 10:45 PM

Thanked 7,183 Times in 1,580 Posts

This has all been discussed before in previous threads. As I understand it, Vince Emme has a list of 37 69 L78 Novas that were sold through Yenko Sportscars, which was a separate company from Yenko Chevrolet. As Marlin Stated these cars were ordered in two batches. The first batch was built the first week of January and had BV 4.10 rearends. The second batch was built the second week of April and had 3.55 rearends. These cars were Garnet Red, Rallye Green, Fathom Green and LeMans Blue and had M21 transmissions. They also had black bench seat interiors and rubber floor mats. The cars listed in the registry here come from this list of 37 cars with the exception of the Nutmeg car. A handful of these cars were 427 transplants. There were also 69 L78 Novas sold through Yenko Chevrolet that are not on this list of 37 cars. I have heard about an automatic car as well as one that was painted yellow. I have not seen the list of 37 cars so I don't know if they are on this list or not. Assuming the above is true I think the list of VIN's in the registry should stay intact with 427 transplant cars noted and unconverted cars noted. Most of the cars probably land in the unknown category. Again this is all second hand information that I have gathered over the years. Feel free to correct me if I have misstated anything.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mrays For This Useful Post:
69M22Z (05-12-2024), dykstra (05-10-2024), olredalert (05-12-2024), PeteLeathersac (Yesterday)
Old 05-17-2024, 02:00 PM

Thanked 1,294 Times in 503 Posts

So if another dealer ….lets just say Konner Chevrolet in Columbus Ohio ordered a batch of 5-10 69 L78 Novas…..then they should qualify as unconverted cars and be on the registry ?? I very much disagree with an unconverted car being on the registry. If Don Yenko ordered a fleet of 10 trucks with 396 …..and not 427 …should they be in the registry ?? Unconverted cars water down the integrity of the registry. Just my small opinion.

Last edited by Copo_Cartel; 05-17-2024 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Typo
The Following User Says Thank You to Copo_Cartel For This Useful Post:
PeteLeathersac (Yesterday)
Old 05-17-2024, 05:17 PM

Thanked 1,159 Times in 337 Posts

Thanks Doug for your comments. I think that we have pretty solid records on the Camaro Supercars, but the early Novas are difficult. For 69 Novas, we're pretty much limited to the list of fleet VINs of POTENTIAL Supercars. As we uncover additional info on these cars - we update the registry to indicate converted or unconverted status. If there are no notations in the public registry other than "Yenko inventory" we just don't know if they were converted at the Yenko dealership or not. However, if we remove the VINs that we're not sure of - we reduce the possibility that someone will locate the cars in the future.

Finally - Marlin would be the best person to be the registrar for all things NOVA (hint....hint)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bergy For This Useful Post:
John (Yesterday), olredalert (Yesterday), PeteLeathersac (Yesterday)