Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Sponsors > Vintage Certification

Old 07-01-2011, 08:20 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: GM Nationals @ Carlisle

Steve you guys have been doing a great job with the Vintage Certification, Just wondering why you decided not to go with the Camaro Nationals.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:23 PM

I was there last year Had a great time. The solid lifer was a lot of fun. I had one guy who was a problem. But all in all it was fun. Kim
Old 07-01-2011, 06:07 PM
Administrator

Thanked 6,436 Times in 1,386 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jl8z28</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Steve you guys have been doing a great job with the Vintage Certification, Just wondering why you decided not to go with the Camaro Nationals. </div></div>

Hi Guy, It was a natural progression that after 10 years of certifying exclusively the Camaro we have chosen to expand into other makes and models. When our program started participated in the MCACN 2009 in Chicago we did just that by including Chevelles, in fact members on this board participated (Grady’s 69 COPO, Phil W. 69 Black SS and Joes’s 70 LS6). At that time Chris White joined our team, and we have had great success since. Prior to the ACA/ Carlisle split I mentioned to Bud S.that we would like to start certifying other models as well, but the split came and the rest is history.

The decision to stay at Carlisle came down to our desire to continue to expand into other makes and models. Also my thinking was that since there is no concours Chevelle judging (that I'm aware of) we would include a Chevelle restored class (Vintage Elite Certification). This will be a challenge since the Chevelle Nationals are the same weekend. But for those with restored and unrestored Chevelles our judging team includes both Jeff Dotterer and Chris White who have a wealth of knowledge on Chevelles and in fact had a Chevelle Diamond Class Concours judging program at a the nationals in years past.

As I stated before if the shows were on different weekends I would find a way to participate in both. I had to make the same decision (because its on the same weekend) with the Bloomington Gold Survivor Show which I was on their Zenith board.. I have not participated in that show because I can't be at both shows (although one year I was at Carlisle Thur, Fri and left Sat night and flew to Il.for that Sunday show.

There were no personal issues with the ACA, the Vintage Team appreciated the time we spent at the Camaro Nationals and all those associated with it especially, Bud, Karl and Rick. My goal is to be challenged from a judging standpoint, learn as much as I can, share our findings and have a great time with friends. I accomplished that this year.

If you want to be treated to an outstanding muli-make and model muscle car show spend a weekend at the ww.MCACN.com and you will be blown away with an awesome display of the best muscle cars in the world.

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com
Old 07-01-2011, 07:12 PM

I second that about the MCACN show. The people out there are great too. Worth the trip.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:07 AM

I wish everybody could work it out and the camaros and the chevelles could come back the same weekend everybody would benefit.i think it would help the swap meet out to.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:51 AM

I taked to the owner at the York show on Sat., and here is a picture of him and the car in 1969 showing the white nose. He told me that the special order paint is a 1966 color and they would not guarantee it to stick to the nose so his dad opted for the white since it had parchment int. I did see the window sticker from H &amp; H Pontiac in Harrisburg, PA where the owner and car resides.
Attached Images

Old 07-12-2011, 04:40 AM

The color is 1966 Barrier Blue
Old 07-12-2011, 05:19 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 69L78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I taked to the owner at the York show on Sat., and here is a picture of him and the car in 1969 showing the white nose. He told me that the special order paint is a 1966 color and they would not guarantee it to stick to the nose so his dad opted for the white since it had parchment int. I did see the window sticker from H &amp; H Pontiac in Harrisburg, PA where the owner and car resides. </div></div>
And you really believed him???? Do you really think that barrier blue would not stick to the bumper but every other color know to man would?? I would be willing to bet that the car was nosed a little in the front and they could not match the color so they painted it white at his request. It was not original paint on the nose.BTW All 69 ram air cars came from the factory with Blacked out grilles. This car had silver grilles.Another red flag.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:48 PM

I don't know who this GTO Don is, or who he thinks he is, but I can GUARANTEE this car has NEVER been repainted as I have known the car it's whole life from the day my father picked it up at the dealership until now.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:09 AM

We know who he is. Right or wrong about this matter is one thing BUT this man knows his cars, especially Pontiacs pretty well. I don't believe he would shoot from the hip with any statements he would make on this subject without giving it alot of thought. Just seems like a real odd occurance with your bumper. Maybe a one of? Nice car!