Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 10-29-2007, 06:27 PM

Default Re: 1970 Plymouth Cuda

Hey Rich...click on XPLANTS link...people have to ask questions.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here we go again !!!! Bash first, ask later...
People talk about this ALLL THE TIMMME about this site.
I love this site but REALLLY MAN.
Look at 90% of the post and thats ALL they ask for is pictures and info to pick a car apart and have NO, I mean NO interest in the car.

[/ QUOTE ]
i say big deal to this,let them ask for pics,and pick it apart.
the man is asking 70k for the car not $700.

the seller should have at least a 50 picture album of the car showing every nook and cranny of it,espcially since he's been trying to sell it since July.

it only takes a few minutes to upload the pics to photobucket,and post the link to the album here

i actually felt the same way as you at one time.

eventually,i saw the light,and sold a car after sending 60 pictures of it,and i had no guarantees the guy would buy it,but he did.

if youre not prepared to have a lot of pics of car you are asking a stupid amount of money for and also have a crappy attitude after only your 5th post on the board,dont be surprised if you and you car gets stepped on.

ok,back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Old 10-29-2007, 07:59 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

I read that too afterwards. I did notice the color change and its not mentioned in this ad.

Im just saying their is a lot of bashing here and I was at a show this weekend and thats ALL everybody talks about.
I love this site but some of these people are hitting below the belt. Its like nobody new can play in our sandbox here !!

Old 10-29-2007, 08:33 PM

I am new here and people have been nothing but nice and helpful to me. I feel like I play here in the 'sandbox' without feeling like I am being pushed out. Like a lot of people on this board, I don't like it when people sign up just to sell their wares. This board is to trade ideas, like I am now, help each other out including offering services, and to just ask for help when needed. We love the hobby.

Not to offend anyone but some of these guys come here just to sell stuff and leave. That just doesn't sit right with me.

I think people start to ask the 'bashing' questions when something doesn't seem right with the add or there is pertinent information missing. Let's face it there are a lot of scams out there and when purchasing an investment like this you have to do your homework - And I appreciate it when somebody points out something that maybe I would have missed.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am new here and people have been nothing but nice and helpful to me. I feel like I play here in the 'sandbox' without feeling like I am being pushed out. Like a lot of people on this board, I don't like it when people sign up just to sell their wares. This board is to trade ideas, like I am now, help each other out including offering services, and to just ask for help when needed. We love the hobby.

Not to offend anyone but some of these guys come here just to sell stuff and leave. That just doesn't sit right with me.

I think people start to ask the 'bashing' questions when something doesn't seem right with the add or there is pertinent information missing. Let's face it there are a lot of scams out there and when purchasing an investment like this you have to do your homework - And I appreciate it when somebody points out something that maybe I would have missed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%
Old 10-30-2007, 03:42 AM

Point missed but thats OK !!

If a guy is told about this web site and owns a SUPERCAR and thinks this is the place to find a buyer,so he shouldnt come here?
Well for now on I will shoot him down because he's never posted here before and start calling him an a-hole.
Im not talking about a guy who says he has the Original motor to a car and some of us know the motor was blown up and ALL the Wrong parts on the car and say's ALL Correct.
We all Learn from those,but calling a guy an a-hole..

Like I said ! Point missed !!
Old 10-30-2007, 07:22 AM

Well said Rich, We see who the name caller is and its not needed in here.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:34 PM
Administrator

Thanked 6,315 Times in 1,369 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
Here we go again !!!! Bash first, ask later...
People talk about this ALLL THE TIMMME about this site.
I love this site but REALLLY MAN.
Look at 90% of the post and thats ALL they ask for is pictures and info to pick a car apart and have NO, I mean NO interest in the car.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your perceived 90% is way off. Good cars with pedigree will always sell. If the seller fails to disclose something or is not forthright, then they may be called out. I don't agree with how the first two or three poster conducted themselves, but to make a blanket statement about this site is way off base. If you are only here to sell cars or this is the only forum you contribute on, then deal with it. If you look at Xplantdad link you will see that the seller was not forthright about the color change. Anyway is you are going to sell a car, you might want to disclose as much information as possible, and show some pics.

This site includes 22 other forums other than the classifieds, try spending some time there you might learn something, or better yet contribute something.

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com
Old 10-30-2007, 05:26 PM

Old 10-30-2007, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Point missed but thats OK !!

If a guy is told about this web site and owns a SUPERCAR and thinks this is the place to find a buyer,so he shouldnt come here?
Well for now on I will shoot him down because he's never posted here before and start calling him an a-hole.
Im not talking about a guy who says he has the Original motor to a car and some of us know the motor was blown up and ALL the Wrong parts on the car and say's ALL Correct.
We all Learn from those,but calling a guy an a-hole..

Like I said ! Point missed !!

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess the a-hole was a little harsh, sorry, but to come out and say don't waste my time, that line was not called for. There are many on this site with super high dollar cars and I am sure most people who would call him about the car would be interested in the car. Maybe i am wrong but if i can not afford it i would not waste my own time, or his. So sorry about the a-hole thing, just thought he came off a little rude for first post in the classified section. If you are selling a high dollar car then be ready to take what comes along with it.