Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Sponsors > Vintage Certification

Old 12-11-2003, 01:41 AM

Default Re: Vintage Camaro Certification

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif[/img]

JUST KIDDING . . .

We did move to Indy in the summar of 1984 and I remember going to the local Chevy dealership, to look around at the cars. Under the dealers canopy by service was this cool convertible with the Indy 500 Pace Car decals on it, and Dan Young Chevrolet on the quarter panels. I fell in love with the color and interior and decals. I got a job there a week later for the summar and did the usual lot related cleaning cars for delivery, etc. I remember telling Dan Young how interested I was in his '67 conv. He was great and let me fire it up once and he told me all about it and it's history at Indy as the Original Pace Car. Later that month he let me wash it for the local Super Chevy show, and I cleaned it for 5 hours I bet. I found the flags in the trunk and asked him about them. He said, "Yeah, those were on the car at Indy" I said well they are going back on it for Indy Super Chevy. If anyone remembers, later that summar, that pace car was on the cover of Super Chevy and an article was done on the car as well. I worked at Dan Young on and off for the next two years during school breaks and got to know Dan, Al, and Bill Young very well. Great people and one of the top three Camaros of all time in my book. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif[/img]

You have a great car Charlie . . . I became and still am a '67 Pace Car nut after looking at that car every day. Also, for those that know about my '67 Pace Car, it is the only one exactly like yours down to the cowl tag, just, mine was a dealer car, not a festival car. I still carry to this day, the cowl tag info from his car. Glad to see someone as cool and nice as you owning it. It has always been my dream car. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif[/img]
Old 12-13-2003, 03:09 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

PaceMe,

I sent you an e-mail. Please respond. I have numerous questions.

-Dan
Old 12-14-2003, 02:35 AM
Administrator

Thanked 6,314 Times in 1,369 Posts

Dan,

I sent out the information packet. Let me know if you have any question after you review the documents.

Steve

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com