View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 02:17 AM

A friend of mine owned a gold '70 300 Deluxe. It was orded new by a dealership in Quebec and the sales invoice had wrote in french "add SS striping". The car was a 300 hp 350 with 4 spd. and rubber floor mat and bench seat car, original paint and even the exhaust had resonators on the tailpipes. Another friend & him took it down the Super Chevy in Maple grove in the mid 80's and the car got alot of attention parked amongst the big blocks in attendance. The car got sold and the next owner repainted the car added a cowl hood and cloned it into a big block SS, he sold it to a guy I know who later sold it listed as an SS and then had to buy it back as the new owner was going to take him to court for selling a clone car that was advertised as a true SS, he then sold it to a guy in Nova Scotia and I believe it's still there to this day. It loved the car as it's original state 300 Deluxe, it was perfect under the hood unmodifyed with every little clip and fastener factory correct, it lost it's appeal with me when it got cloned to an SS.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to buickjef For This Useful Post:
442w30 (03-22-2019), Rainer (03-22-2019)