The Supercar Registry

The Supercar Registry (https://www.yenko.net/forum/index.php)
-   Supercar/Musclecar Discussion (https://www.yenko.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Holley carb restore (https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=178589)

Lynn 04-20-2024 01:30 PM

?
Why would that matter?

67since67 04-20-2024 02:21 PM

Eric will not accept any Corvette carb work unless he has past (good) experience with you. A couple years ago some yah-hoo caused him a bunch of grief and ruined it for others. We all have our breaking points.....

Mr70 04-20-2024 02:34 PM

Erics skill,knowledge & detail with these is incredible.
I would never go anywhere else.

oldstv 04-21-2024 03:01 AM

He has one of mine now. Looking forward to getting it back.

SS427 04-21-2024 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldstv (Post 1648191)
He has one of mine now. Looking forward to getting it back.

One of mine as well. Been using him for over 15 years.

CamarosRus 04-21-2024 04:06 AM

2 Attachment(s)
ERic Jackson 4555

duskblue 04-21-2024 03:39 PM

beautiful

RALLY 04-21-2024 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrumpyJeff (Post 1648139)
Jerry did the carb for my 70 Z/28 a few years ago. Did a great job and was very reasonably priced...

Agree Jerry rebuilt my 69 Z-28 Carb, excellent job also. Dont hesitate to have him rebuild the carb or any other things you need done. He did a 396-427 163 intake also. Looked great.

VintageMusclecar 04-24-2024 01:38 PM

Thanks to all for the support, it's sincerely appreciated.

Re: Corvette carbs: Bill pretty much summed it up above, but for the sake of clarity I'll elaborate on the subject.

I've been doing carbs professionally for nearly 25 years now, and out of all of the demographics I've dealt with in this line of work, I've had by far the most grief from "that" 5% of Corvette crowd--the other 95% have been absolutely great, but "that" 5% are beyond intolerable and definitely in a league of their own.

A few years ago I had the misfortune of crossing paths with one of the "final bosses" of said 5%, and it wasn't just an unpleasant experience, said idiot stepped WAY over the line to the point where things could've very quickly and easily went completely sideways. I don't know what it is about "those" 5% that makes them think that the rules of a polite society don't apply to them, but at this point in my life I have less than zero tolerance for such bullshit.

As a result of said idiot, for about a year I stopped taking in any Corvette work from any new customers, I would only take in Corvette work from previously established clients in good standing. Oddly enough, that's the same time I started getting inundated by new Corvette clients wanting me to do their carbs for them.

After numerous requests, I decided to again take in new Corvette clients--with one caveat; that there would be no formal warranty on any work done for said new clients--BUT!--in the event that there was an issue, if they could conduct themselves in an adult manner and not go full "TACO" on me, then I would gladly take care of said issues. Of course the converse applied as well.

I put up an entire section on my website addressing this specific issue, and immediately everyone started telling me I was shooting myself in the foot for putting that up. I braced myself for the worst, but the exact opposite happened. I've lost count of how many emails (and phone conversations) I've had over that expressing full support of my statements and position. Clearly the 95% are sick and tired of the grief and bullshit from the 5% as well.

Thankfully that seems to have done the trick as I've had ample Corvette work in to do and I've not had to deal with any "TACO"'s since.